Sunday, September 7, 2008

Welcome to the Notre Dame Kettlebell Club

It's been a month since I've moved to South Bend, Indiana, and despite kettlebelling's deep-rooted tradition in University of Notre Dame athletics, I've yet to meet another kettlebeller. Father Bernard H.B. Lange had his football players swinging the weights 40+ years ago, and the athletic program continues to use them today. I should be seeing them all over the city!

This blog is designed to bring kettlebells to the University of Notre Dame and South Bend, Indiana public. Perhaps by the time I leave the area, at least one other non-University athletics affiliated person will exist to pass on the mystique of kettlebelling.

1 comment:

Wayne Buckhanan said...

I'm assuming you've graduated and moved on by now, but there is a handful of us throwing 'bells in the Bend. Ironically, when you started this blog, I had just gotten back to ND from spending the summer throwing with some fine RKCs in New Mexico. Wish we'd crossed paths back then.

Good luck on your girevik training!